Weekly Update 05/18/2021 – Fr. Cyril Gorgy
Christ is Risen!
Beloved Holy Resurrection Church (HRC) family, wishing you a blessed Feast of Resurrection, which we celebrate daily for fifty days, up to the feast of Ascension.
Sunday School: Starting MAY 30th, all Sunday School will resume live in class meetings.
Wednesday Divine Liturgy: From 5:30-7:30am (no registration required).
Sunday Divine Liturgy: From 8-10:30am (no registration required). Available space will be assigned based on a first come basis. Once the church is full, a servant will direct people to adjacent space, where the service will be streamed live.
HRC Fellowship Meeting: Please sign up using this link to receive notifications about the meeting.
Sunday’s Sermon: We spoke about Christ being The Bread of Life. Just as the Manna was a source of sustenance in the desert for 40 years up to entering the promise land, the Eucharist sustains us in the world, up to us entering the Kingdom of God. To view the sermon use this link., and scroll to 01:22:00.
Ways To Give:
- By Mail – To HRC’s mailing address by check. (HRC receives 100% of the funds)
Holy Resurrection Church
PO box 91701
Los Angeles CA 90301
- Through your Bank – By adding HRC as a Payee and send regular checks directly from your bank to HRC’s PO Box. (HRC receives 100% of the funds)
- Online – by using this link
- You can offer a single gift, or schedule recurring giving.
- You can “Add a new payment method”, and either choose Bank Account (1% is deducted), or Credit Card (3% deducted).
For further information, please call (310) 487-6151. May our Risen Lord support and protect you and your family by the power of His Holy Resurrection.
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
Please sign up ONLY if you are a regular Holy Resurrection Church parishioner. Based on your expressed need to partake of the Eucharist, please review and abide by the following guidelines prior to attending church on your assigned day:
- Please STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK, or if you have a history or are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including FEVER or COUGH.
- If you have traveled in that last TWO WEEKS, please do not sign up to attend a Divine Liturgy until, TWO WEEKS have passed since you returned and you do not have any COVID19 symptoms, or you have been tested negative twice.
- If you were in direct contact with anyone that tested positive for COVID-19, please do not sign up or come to the church services, whether with symptoms or not, until you are tested negative.
- If you test positive please do not sign up or come to the church services until you are tested negative, for two consecutive tests, regardless of the time it takes to be tested negative twice.
- You will receive an email from the church with the day and time of the Divine Liturgy that you are scheduled to attend.
- No Walk-ins will be allowed for any reason.
- You should attend the Divine Liturgy at the church you regularly attend.
- Every church will take all the precautions necessary to ensure your safety, but your attendance is entirely your choice, and the church does not accept any liability.
When you come to church:
- Arrive on time. The church gate will ONLY be open at the beginning of the service and will remain closed for the duration. No one will be permitted to open the church door other than the church servant assigned by the clergy.
- Your body temperature may be taken prior to entering the church.
- You are required to wear a mask that completely covers your mouth and nose at all times during the service.
- You should sanitize your hands when entering the church.
Inside the Church:
- You must keep a minimum distance of 6 feet at all times between you and others that are not in your household. The Church will have pre-assigned seating to ensure proper social distancing.
- Each family (same household) should seated together.
- Please do not touch anything or anyone inside the church including icons, relics, clergy, and deacons, etc.
- For Ologea (Al Barka), the priest will wash his hands, cut it and distribute it. You will take it with your hand without touching the priest.
Partaking of the Eucharist:
- Please bring your own head covering, corporeal (for communion) and water to use for partaking of the Eucharist.
- Each family should come forward together to receive the Eucharist. As every family is approaching please maintain 6’ away from other families.
- During communion, you will remove your mask, open your mouth wide and slightly tilt head back so the priest can place the Holy Body.
- When taking the Holy Blood, open your mouth wide and slightly tilt head back and the priest will pour the Blood from the spoon into your mouth.
NO SOCIAL GATHERINGS AT CHURCH OR IN THE PARKING LOT FOR ANY REASON